The Importance of Art

"Tax dollars should not be wasted on art, music or theater classes in high school. Public high schools should be about training young people to enter the workforce. Period."


     I do not agree with this statement one bit. Students should be allowed to express their talent/emotions into art, music, or theater classes. Art is so beautiful and everyone need to cherish it more. 
     My most favorite is music. I currently play the violin in orchestra. If that were to be taken away from me I would be so furious. Playing the violin allows me to express my talent and just have fun. 
     If this were to ever happen where the government spends all the tax dollars on training young people, there would be so much controversy in this country. There would be so much protests and fights happening that all the money would have to be spent on cleaning up the mess. If they really wanted to focus more on training young people, taking away art, music, and theater is not the way to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to the Past